• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Including parent and sibling TOC in all merged project sub-projects

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a HTMLHelp merged project (A) that has two sub-projects (B & C). When I open the main project help, the TOC correctly lists all of the books and pages in it as well as the two child projects and I can navigate among them and do searches among all of the pages in all three of the projects. If, on the other hand, an F1 calls a page in one of the sub-projects, the TOC just lists the books and pages in the sub-project...it does not realize that it is a child so there is no reference to the parent or the other sibling. (e.g. a call to a page in B shows the html help for the page, but the TOC contains no books or pages for A or C). Is there a way for all of the child projects to have the exact same TOC as the Master project even if they are called directly from my application? Alternatively, is there a different way that my developers should call the Help such that they go through the parent every time rather than directly to the respective child project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

See the topics on my site about Merged Webhelp and Calling Webhelp.

You need to call the help using the method:

parentstartpage.htm#mergedProjects/path/targettopic.htm.

Then the child topic will open with the tripane.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2007 Jun 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this applies to Microsoft HTML Help projects as well as Webhelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. They just apply to WebHelp. Someone else will need to come in for compiled HTML Help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this thread sounds like the same problem with resolution.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The thread is on the right track (although I have no problem with the child TOC not showing up).

It looks like the post from Pete Lees with the sample code is what I need to ultimately get to. You can see in his attached code for the child (MADE.hpp) the [WINDOWS] entry is $global_Parent=Parent,"Parent.chm::/parent.hhc", "child.hhk",...

But, how do I get the [WINDOWS] entry in my child.hhp file to be the parent and the .hhc entry to reference the parent chm::/parent.hhc? Is it a matter of editing the file, or do I need to change some settings before recompiling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp