• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sticky footer not sticking to bottom of page on webpage using a template!?!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a template in muse to use for a blog on our company website. It's been loading perfectly fine until today (or at least I first noticed it today). The footer is not sticking to the bottom of the page, instead it stays in the original place behind the blog content.

This is the website/blog where the issue is: http://www.couparconsulting.com/blog

How can I fix that??

Other issue is that many of the images on the blog suddenly disappeared....not sure when or how that happened but that issue isn't as crucial as the footer issue.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Hello couparconsulting,

I'm not really a Muse user but if you can get into your code I can tell you want to change.

http://jsfiddle.net/chaddidthis/JbKS3/

Basicly you need to wrap the footer copyright and footer social links into a single div, which i called .footer-wrapper. Then give that a class of: clear:both;

That will get your footer to the bottom but there are margins that push it down, so the other ID's will need to have their margin-top edited to 41px so they sit with the copyright.

Test it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello couparconsulting,

I'm not really a Muse user but if you can get into your code I can tell you want to change.

http://jsfiddle.net/chaddidthis/JbKS3/

Basicly you need to wrap the footer copyright and footer social links into a single div, which i called .footer-wrapper. Then give that a class of: clear:both;

That will get your footer to the bottom but there are margins that push it down, so the other ID's will need to have their margin-top edited to 41px so they sit with the copyright.

Test it first on a test page so if it doesn't work you don't get any worse off.

Again I'm sorry I'm not a muse guy, but if you can just make these small edits in your code you should be good.

Hope it helps,

Chad Smith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad, thanks for your help. I made those edits to the template (actually a test one I created), but now the footer is at the top of the page. Maybe I missed a step?

Coupar Consulting test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Well done, almost there.

The issues now are you have duplicate footer code and the new .footer-wrapper is outside the containing div. So you need to cut out the .footer-wrapper and paste it over the other footer code. Keeping it within the #page divCapture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like that worked! I had to update the tag numbers because I republished from muse and had applied a different master. The footer is at the bottom of the page, the only weird thing I'm noticing is that when you hover over the social media icons it does that weird double thing again, not sure how to fix that. You can see it here: Coupar Consulting test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is because on hover you have the icon moving to the right -10000px, so once it's moved you are no longer hovering on it so it comes back, then you're hovering so it moves.... and so on.

the CSS for that is on template-blog.css line 442. if you change the margin to opacity: .7; it will not flicker

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked! Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it! I think I'll be able to make these changes to the actual blog now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines