• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I place "website under construction" notice for Adobe to host domain while building Muse?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QUESTION ONE:

As a Newbie to Creative Cloud for Teams, am seeking help.

Have an existing domain - the former website hosted elsewhere was hacked and is no longer online.

What precise hosting information do I need (from the former host) before I can to start hosting a new site with the same domain  with Adobe?

QUESTION TWO:

Related to Question One, how do I place "Website Under Construction" notice for Adobe to host an existing domain while I build my first Muse-based website?

Under the web hosting deal through using Muse and our Adobe membership, how do I put up a single slide notice of this kind.

For example, "Sorry for the inconvenience, but a new website for xxx in under construction, so come back soon or contact us directly via the contacts shown below?"

Know Wordpress, but am new to Muse so need to learn to make my first Muse website, and unsure how long it will take to have ready. 

Any advice would be most welcome.

Warm Regards,

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Q1, You need to change the nameservers of your existing Domain, For this, you need to login to yor domain provider Admin panel and point it to Business catalyst. Here is the article with information required

http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/kb/domain-name-dns---quick.html

Q2. If you want to use free web site, you must publish a site from Muse or Dreamweaver. So in your case, Publish a site with Under contruction page from Muse to Business Catalyst. Once the site has been published, go to the admin panel,, and add the domain (domain in previous question). So when some one will reach to your domain, he will see the under construction page. Once your site is ready in Muse, publish it again to the same URL and it will remove the previous file and page with new one. Check this article to see how to publish sites from Muse to Business Catalyst.

http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/using/business-catalyst-muse-users.html

Please let me know if you have any other query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines