• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Mozilla Firefox and Adobe Flash Player 13 Plug-in won't allow me to watch YouTube videos

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until last week I had IE9 and was able to download and watch YouTube videos with my son and play Facebook games.  Then one evening I tried to pull up a Yo Gabba Gabba video on YouTube and the video window was blank.  I had watched this video the night before with him, and the only thing I can think of is there was a Flash Player update that tried to download.  I saw several posts that suggested downloading a new broswer, but I waited for 3 nights thinking it was just a glitch.  I finally gave up and sent a pm to one of my friends who is a Internet Service Technician.  She told me to download Mozilla Firefox, which I did, and the problem seemed to be solved.  I was once again able to download and watch YouTube videos, as well as play games on Facebook.  And it seemed my pages, pictures, etc. all downloaded 10x faster.  That worked until the next evening and suddenly I once again could not download and watch YouTube videos.

I checked my system and it found that Adobe had done an automatic update so that instead of just having Adobe Flash Player 13 Active X I now had Adobe Flash Player 13 plug-in.  I also noticed that Adobe Air was downloaded on my computer.  I went in and uninstalled the Adobe Flash Player 13 Plug-in and I was once again able to download and watch YouTube videos.  But when I tried to play games on Facebook I was told I would need to install at least Adobe Flash Player 10.0.2.  I went to find that or an older version but each time I tried to download from Adobe I would get the Adobe Flash Player 13 Plug-in version, and once again I was unable to download and watch YouTube videos.  I was, however, able to play the games on Facebook again.

Remember when I just had Adobe Flash Player 13 Active X I was able to do both while having Mozilla Firefox.  I have looked all over the internet and I cannot find recent articles that talk about this problem.  Can someone please tell me what I can do so that I can keep Mozilla Firefox, as it is 10X faster than IE9 and with Firefox my Facebook doesn't crash all of the time?  But I also want to have the ability to download and watch YouTube videos with my son, as well as the play games on Facebook.

I should also note each time I went to uninstall Adobe Flash Player 13 Plug-in I received an error message saying there was a conflict with Mozilla Firefox and I first had to shut it down before the uninstall would proceed.  Also, I received a reply on Adobe's Facebook page from a Tech who had me check to see if I had the latest version of Flash Player.  I did have the most recent version.  He then asked me to go to my add-ons and enable Shockwave.  I followed the instructions and it was already enabled (or it said always activate).  Neither of those helped me be able to download and watch YouTube videos.  But I can still play Facebook games.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version?

Anyway, you should be able to install both Flash Player ActiveX (for Internet Exporer) and plugin (for Firefox).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows vista premium home edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your current Flash Player version: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html ?

What is your display adapter, driver version & date?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines