• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video playback issue for Adobe Presenter 9 when publishing to Adobe Connect Pro 7

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am having an issue with video playback for Adobe Presenter 9. When I preview the presentation on my computer there are no issues with any of the MP4 videos that I have loaded into my presentations. However, when I publish the presentation to Adobe Connect and access the URL the videos are either delayed or do not appear at all.  We are using our own Adobe server which we purchased in 2008, along with Adobe Connect Pro 7. We recently updated our Adobe Presenter software to version 9. Is there an incompatibility issue between Adobe Presenter 9 and our current Adobe Server/current version of Adobe Connect? Or do I need to do something different in Adobe Presenter when importing the videos?  Note: I have tried FLV videos and had the same issue.

We are trying to launch of series of webinars (each webinar has between 15-42 slides), which was the whole purpose of updating our Adobe Presenter and Adobe Captivate software....hopefully we can resolve this video issue.

Thanks!

Dana

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connect 7 didn't support MP4 video content, as I recall. Another issue is that Connect rooms are using Action Script 2 (AS2) while Presenter 9 uses AS3, and the two code languages don't play well together. You don't mention if you are using the meeting application to display the presentation, but it is worth mentioning. If the presentations are stand alone, then the AS3 issue should be non-existent, but the MP4 support may be.

Is there a reason you haven't updated the Connect software to Connect 9 (or at least Connect 8.1 where the Connect application became AS3 as a whole and supported MP4 content)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma.  No we are not running the webinars in a meeting room, they are being run as stand alone presentations that we've provide public viewing to via the URL.

We weren't sure that we needed to update our Connect software.... but I did assume this might have been the issue.  So based on your knowledge, if we upgrade our Connect application then the video playback issue should be resolved?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that would be the case. Stand alone Content is a little less restrictive than in-meeting content, but since MP4 content wasn't supported then, I'd say it's very likely. If you have a test/development server that can be upgraded first, you can use that to verify if it does or does not change the playback, before affecting the production server(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I am trialing Adobe Connect 9 and have published (as stand alone presentations) several of my webinars; however, the playback issue still exists.  Although there is much less of a delay and the videos play through once they start, there is still a delay which results in the slide cutting off the last few seconds of each video.  I have also tried using Adobe Media Encoder to convert the videos from MP4 to FLV; but the video issues still exists.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd look at the specifications for your videos. Generally speaking, HD media will only demand additional bandwidth, and my cause buffering/delays. When prepping a video for Presenter, I try to keep the video content near these specs:

720 X 480 resolution

800 kpbs

MP4 and FLV content should play back in pretty much the same manner, so try those settings and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources