Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11: Word export: Subchapters are generated with same heading as chapter above

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

when I export my RH project to word, RH generates for each chapter (that has any subchapters) an additional subchapter with the same heading as the chapter above. In the project as in the chm export, the chapter does have content (as I want). But not in the word export.Here the chapter is empty,its content is put into that new subchapter. Got me?

You can see what is happening in the export dialog.

Untitled.png

So whats happening there, what do I wrong?

Thanks for your support!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's to do with the Maintain Heading Levels setting. See Printed

Documentation on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Peter,

thanks for the hint/link.

pretty new to RH...

Philosophy understood but not what to get a solution...

I imported the project from word. RH splits the word document into topics, headings are the borders and the titles of the topic. Topics with sub topics will appear in RHs TOC as a book.

Books do get in word export the books heading, the first topic of the book still has on own heading and will appear as an own heading, too.

What I /the customer expect is the same structure of the word export like in the word import...

Any automatic solution to suppress the first topics title of the book to avoid a lot of manual work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"headings are the borders and the titles of the topic"

The headings in Word can define the topics that are created. You select the Paginate option for those headings that you want to create topics.

Topics do not have sub-topics, they may have sections with titles based on lower level headings than you have defined for pagination.

I am really not clear on what you are trying to describe. When you reply, there is a camera icon. Please use that to insert some images to help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, you did post an image.

It looks like you have created a book with the same name as the first topic. In the document you should see a book called Ubersicht followed by a topic called Ubersicht.

The document is following the structure you have defined. I think what you are wanting is that Ubersicht is not indented one level as shown. Use the Left arrow above.

I also suspect you have the book in the online help set up to open the topic. Experiment with that unlinked.

This is all covered in the pages on my site. It does take a little trial and error to get it working as you want but it will become obvious.

Hope that solves it for you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp