• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML 10 - HTML tag to create page break in PDF file?

Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RoboHelp HTML 10 to update existing topics and create new topics in several WebHelp projects. I would like to quickly generate a PDF file from a single topic so I can send the PDF file for review.

When I select a topic from the table of contents and create a PDF, tables often break between two pages. Is there an HTML tag that can be added to a topic that will create a page break when the Help topic is published as a PDF file?

HelpTopic_inRoboHelpEditorDesignView.jpg  HelpTopic_inAdobeReader.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can think of achieving this is to add the text and image into the same table cell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CTRL + Enter at the end of a line creates a page break but that will not split a table.

Open the HTM file in Word from File Explorer, save in DOC(X) format and then use Word's option to not split across rows? Not elegant but it might help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp