• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Be careful updating Flash Player !

Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just a warning - watch carefully what you do when updating Flash Player.

My 9 month old hit the space button on what I can only assume was a dialogue box asking whether I wanted to install some unwanted McAfee Security scan plus garbage,

It of course is selected as the default - thats what everyonewould want isnt it ?  - random garbage software on their computer.

I have since successfully uninstalled it I hope.

So my love for adobe grows as you can tell from this rant.

First they insist that I register Lightroom only to then get hacked, expose my personal infromation to god knows who and have my email address consequently inundated with all sorts of unsavoury SPAM.

Now they sneak garbage like this in when Im not looking for what should be a simple update.

Adobe are approaching the hights of EA these days. I will never buy adobe again !

Thanks for listening.

Picanmix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody is happy with the 3rd-party software Adobe bundles with its software updates.

However, it is very easy to get around that.  I have installed, updated, and used Flash Player since version 6, and I have never gotten any unwanted software onto my computer.  How to:

1. install the updates manually when they become available
  2. use the offline installers that are not bundled with any 3rd-party software
  3. do not let childred or pets install updates; disable automatic updates if necessary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines