Expand my Community achievements bar.

UPC-A Barcode without human readable numbers underneath

Former Community Member

Hello ,

I have a lifecycle designer 8.1 on windows 7 machine, my requirement is to place the UPC-A barcode without the human readable number underneath the bars and with the interspacing between the bars as 0.020.

Is the above requirement feasible and possible, please provide your inputs .

Thanks in advance.

Pooja

2 Replies

Level 1

Hi Pooja, I've done a barcode project before so here's what I know about this topic.

First about the human readable text. This is mandatory according to the GS1 General Specification, so most UPC-A barcode generator tend to automatically add the text to create valid barcode image. If you really need to get rid of it, you might need to process the barcode image further after it have been created. I used this UPC-A creator, if you like you can check it out.

As for the interspacing between the bars, each symbol character consists of two bars and two spaces, each of 1, 2, 3 or 4 modules in width. In other words, find any UPC-A barcode, and you will see it's composed of bars and spaces with four different widths. Most barcode generator can allow you to adjust module width, i.e. the narrowest bar / space. So you can't set each space to 0.020, as they are not equal to each other in the beginning.

Hope this will help. If you there's anything more you need to know, I'd be glad to help.

Regards,

Catherine

Former Community Member

Hello Catherine,

Thanks a lot for the information provided, basically my barcode will be generated dynamically  as I have binded the value to a  field which will be supplied atr untime, and is not static, will this barcode genrator is a solution for this?

Thanks

Pooja