• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't get adobe flash player to regester once I have downloaded it using window xp

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get my adobe flash player to run once downloading it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the MSI installer: Flash Player 13 MSI Installer

It bypasses the ActiveX registering process, and cures this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

Thanks so much, it worked.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS WORKED. WOW!!! This past weekend I have spent more hours than I care to remember to get Flash Player 13 installed on my Windows XP computer. I am computer savay...but this was a total enigma for me. I followed the Adobe trouble shooting page and tried everything to a T. No good! I even tried a posting on the MS Community where I downloaded an Adobe uninstall program, then rebooted my computer, then downloaded a "SubInAcl" program to a folder and then downloaded a "reset_fp10.zip" file to the the same folder...clicked on this .bat file and ran the SubInAcl file...then tried to download Flash Player at the Adobe website...and got the same error message..."Failed to Install." This was a half hour ago...after trying last Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday...and today. Then it dawned on me as a last resort to try this Adobe Forum. It is beyond me why on the Adobe Troubleshooting installation web page that there was no mention of this simple solution...or I did not see it.  I have spent hours searching the Internet and found no such solution as yours...running the "Flash Player 13 MSI Installer."  I can't thank you enough after hours and hours and hours of trying to fix this problem...lo and behold...YOUR RECOMMENDATION WAS THE FIX. Thank you so much. I am most appreciative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines