Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with simultaneously Binding

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting a list of areas, a city and a state thru binding when type the zip code. These data I get from a remote websevice and I have problems when do the binding because is simultaneously in cfselect areas, cfselect city and cfselect state. The error is time out some times and it could be happen in only one field or two.

I inserted diferent delays (sleep(5000)) before execute every bind and it works better but not to 100%. It ocationaly displays too the time out.

I don't know if there are an option to execute the binding secuentially and not simultaneously.

This is my code:

Zip code <cfinput type="text" name="zipcode" message="Capture el código postal a 5 digitos" validate="integer"  required="yes" class="textbox" id="zipcode"  tabindex="7" value="" size="7" maxlength="5"  typeahead="no">

Area <cfselect enabled="No" name="Colonia" class="textbox" tabindex="11" required="yes" multiple="no" selected="12"

bind="cfc:cfc.direccion.getColonias({zipcode})"  bindonload="true" />

City <cfselect enabled="No" name="municipio" class="textbox" tabindex="12" required="yes" multiple="no" selected=""

bind="cfc:cfc.direccion.getMunicipio({zipcode})"  bindonload="true"/>

State <cfselect enabled="No" name="estado" class="textbox" tabindex="13" required="yes" multiple="no" selected=""

bind="cfc:cfc.direccion.getEstado({zipcode})" bindonload="true"

/>

DIRECCION.CFC

This is one of the functions, The other functions for the Areas and city are very similar. I only change the name of the method. In every function a call two times the remote webservice.

<!--- Get array of media types --->

<cffunction name="getEstado" access="remote" returnType="array">

<cfargument name="cp" type="string" required="true">

<!--- Define variables --->

<cfset var data="">

<cfset var result=ArrayNew(2)>

<cfset var i=0>

<cfif cp is not ''>

<cfset sleep(5000)>

<cfset Catalogo = CreateObject("component", "guarderias-gmx2.componentes.catalogos") />

<cfset Colonias1 = Catalogo.GetColoniasMexByCodpost("#ARGUMENTS.cp#") />

<cfset sleep(2750)>

<cfif Colonias1.recordcount gt 0>

<cfset Estado = Catalogo.GetEstadoMexById("#Colonias1.COD_dpto#") />

<cfset result[1][1]=Estado.COD_dpto>

<cfset result[1][2]=Estado.TXT_DESC>

<cfelse>

<cfset result[1][1]=0>

<cfset result[1][2]="No existe el Codigo Postal">

</cfif>

<cfelse>

<cfset result[1][1]=0>

<cfset result[1][2]="">

</cfif>         

<!--- And return it --->

<cfreturn result>

</cffunction>

Any recomendation is apreciated.

Regards!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What error do you get? Can you run a HTTP trace? Can we see the script in action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation