• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording popup windows

Aug 06, 2007 Aug 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am recording an introduction lesson for an online training center. When the user logs in he/she will see the courses they are signed up for and when they click a topic I open a new window where the lesson material starts.
When recording with Captivate 2 it shows the second window opening and states that the content of page www.blabla.com/xxxxxx appears but does not show the content.
I have been "playing" with the recording options but can still not make everything appear. Initially I had it set to record a certain application, IE 7, and thought that the next window that opens therefore was not captured. So I set it to a region of the screenbut no luck there either.

Any ideas?

Thanks inadvance
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2007 Aug 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There Trailanderror

You might try to use the "print screen" option at the point where that second window opens to manually place a snapshot into the recording process. That should work.

Cheers
Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the things I guess I have to keep in mind is that Captivate is not a screen recorder but it takes snapshots when things change. Correct?
I am just surprised that when recording the whole the whole desktop or a region of the screen that it does not show it, as mentioned before it does state window showing contents of web page.

Any change in that in Captivate 3?

thanks for your reply

Pieter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the demo the other day, they stated that Cap3 can also record true video. have not yet verified, but i have used http://jingproject.com/ (free at the moment) to do a screen(or video) capture to swf and imported that animation or take screen shots of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2007 Aug 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found over the years of using captivate that it records the active window. When a pop-up appears, it is not necessarily the active window. If , when a pop-up appears (such as an active calendar window to select a date to populate a field), click on that window's title bar before performing any new actions. That will make the pop-up window the active window. This has worked for me over the years. Good Luck

Rick (ricblegg)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2007 Sep 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thank you Rick I will use the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources