• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
Component error Component didn't load. Please try again later.

Search Results

Jun 13, 2007 Jun 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am publishing in RH X5 with an output of FlashHelp.

Do you know if there is any way to get the Search results to jump you to the word searched for instead of just taking you to the top of the document?

Thank you for your reply in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2007 Jun 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vthacker and welcome to our community

No, there is currently no way to accomplish that. Particularly when it comes to FlashHelp. This is because all the navigational components exist as Flash .SWF files. You would need to modify them to make that happen. I'm guessing there are extremely few developers out there that are both savvy with Flash, its programming language called ActionScript and with RoboHelp.

If you feel this is important, you may certainly advise Adobe by clicking here and completing the wish form.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick -- Thank you for your quick reply! I have done some work in Flash to modify the code to make it work as I wanted it to with RoboHelp. However, I'm not very savvy in Flash yet to figure out how to get the Search highlight feature to work. I'm hoping to take some ActionScript training soon.

Peter -- I had checked out your website and any other place I could find, to try to see if I could find any information that was 'out there'. I have looked at that JavaScript code numerous times but I wasn't sure it would work with FlashHelp. It doesn't sound like it will. The client I am dealing with likes the look and feel of FlashHelp but they have documents that are long and wanted the feature of looking for a particular word in "search" and then it highlighting the word when it found it. I have a meeting later today with a Flash developer, so between the two of us, maybe we can figure something out to 'make it work'.

THANKS to both of you for your quick responses! I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would highlighting the word in the topic be an alternative. There is a method for webhelp on my site. I don't know if it would work for FlashHelp but there's one way to find out!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do in this situation is create a new project with a couple of topics to test the concept. Shouldn't take long and if it doesn't work, trash it and move back to your still clean real project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said... A man after my very own heart!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That's not what you said darling when we had adjoining rooms in Israel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp