• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Flash on my Mac running Mountain Lion

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install the new version of Flash on my DeskTop Mac running Mountain Lion.  I have run the uninstall program.  So now I'm left with no Flash whatsoever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the FULL Installer here: Flash Player 13.0.0.201 Plug-in (Mac OS X)

GIve it a COCOA install:

Save the file and quit your browser.

Double click the DMG to mount it.

7.jpg

DO NOT run the installer.

Right click it and "Show Package Contents".

14.jpg

In Contents/Resources, double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg

15.jpg

The COCOA installer will open.

16.jpg

Follow the steps to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I followed your instructions, and the install still fails. The error message is: Adobe Flash Player can't be installed on this disk. This system does not meet the minimum requirements for installation. Mac OS X 10.6 or higher is required.

As noted earlier, I am running Mountain Lion (10.8.5).

Any thoughts? For now, will go back to an old Flash installer and see if I can get it work.

Thanks,

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I did a "safe boot" and got the installer to work. This a trick I learned from the System 9 days. Never thought I would need it again. I have no idea of what was interfering with the install.

Thanks,

Trevor

P.S. BTW, I didn't need to use the COCOA installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Actually, I made a mistake. I ended up installing flash on my Snow Leopard drive, not my Mountain Lion drive.

What I've ultimately done is taken my Mountain Lion back up drive off the shelf and installed Flash on it. Next, I've spent a couple hours updating the Mountain Lion back up drive. Later this evening, I will erase the Lion drive and replace it with the contents of the freshly updated Mountain Lion back up drive.

I'm thinking that there was a permissions problem on my Mountain Lion drive that was not corrected when I updated permissions.

Thanks again,

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines