Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links from RoboHelp don't convert into PDF file when "printing to PDF"

Jun 14, 2007 Jun 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to output my webhelp file to an Adobe PDF. However, my links are not converting UNLESS I put in part of the code. mailto: links will work if there is a visible @xxxxx on the screen. Regardless of the background code, if I don't have the @Xxxx visible on the page, the link will not work. The "hand" will not turn into a "pointing finger" in the PDF file.

I've looked at the settings, and am beating my head against the wall! This is a manual that will be published to a PDF on a weekly basis, so redoing all the links in Adobe is not a solution! I need my links to other parts of the manual, URLs and email links to work as the do in the RH side. All suggestions welcomed! Thanks!!

p.s. I am using RH 5.0.2. The Adobe side is 7.0 Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri. Unfortunately this is a known issue. PDF generation is performed by converting to Word first and during this step you loose all hyperlinks. You could try creating a word document, adding cross references and then generating the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response! Not at all what I was hoping for...sad...but at least I know to stop beating my head against the wall. Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, I did discover that if I put the URL visible on the page that the link will stay in the PDF. So...that's my option. Doesn't help with links to anything within the volume, but at least I can keep the links to outside URLs. Hopefully this is something that will be addressed in the future. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri

Links are retained in the version 6 release.

Just some food for thought...

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, that's GREAT news! I'm fighting a battle to upgrade to 6.0, we have 10 licenses so its not a small task. But this is great ammunition! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, do you reckon that's worth some of Teri's chocolates?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh...all my old friends came out to play! Hi Peter...! If Rick can figure out how to get MassMutual to upgrade to version 6...that would definitely be worth chocolates!!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm, what if we coaxed Adobe into including a free Mercedes or BMW with each upgrade? Think that would do it?

Of course, what would be received would be a little Matchbox or Hot Wheels car... LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
At least I can laugh while I painstakingly put in the full URLs to all my links...thanks for all the smiles!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp