• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting WinHelp "What's This" to HTML Help "What's This"

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2007 Jun 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using an old WinHelp project, I compiled the project into an HTML output (.chm file). The main help system converted just fine but I am trying to figure out a way to convert my existing "What's This" topics* from my WinHelp project to my HTML Help project, without redoing each individual "What's This" topic. Anyone have any ideas please??? Thank you.

*The odd thing is, the "What's This" help composer was never used for the WinHelp project. Each "What's This" (yellow popup box) was created by creating a new topic and the developers mapping the topic's map id to a specified field within our application. Does that help or complicate things anymore? Any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2007 Jun 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi b-ster

For starters, I think Microsoft has all but abandoned using What's this help these days. However, when they provide .CHM help for the apps they do, I believe that even Microsoft uses the older WinHelp format for topics used with What's this help.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp