• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking pdfs correctly

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a RH10 project that contains several pdf links in chm, webhelp, multiscreen, and epub outputs. I have a technical question... Do I store the pdfs in a folder called "pdfs" in the main directory. no folder in main directory, or in the same folder as the topic in which its referenced? If the later, this may mean the pdf is in several places.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp does not require you to store them in any particular folder within your project. Choose whatever suits you best.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2014 Mar 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - settles that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this true for CHM files as well? I would like to embed PDFs in a CHM file so that, when the user clicks the link, the PDF file opens from inside the CHM. This will avoid having to link to a PDF outside the CHM file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Linking to PDFs from CHM files can be tricksy. Take a look at the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link ...although my conclusion after reading it is, more trouble than it's worth. To be fair, though, I don't know if I understood all of it and I don't have RoboHelp installed on my laptop, so I can't go play around to verify, which is always the key.

I guess I'm spoiled because embedding PDFs is so easy in WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, WebHelp is a totally different beast than a CHM file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also link to a PDF in a shared repository that then enables you to update the PDF without recompiling. We use this for Release Notes. The product manager is now free to update the PDF file as she wishes, so long as she doesn't change the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your output a CHM file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp