• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Adobe force Chrome rather than allowing users to decide?

Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have repeatedly had to uninstall Chrome because of the tiny checkbox that you don't notice that is pre-checked, rather than allowing users to decide if they want to check it.  It's pushy and bothersome. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted some of the posts here.

As for your complaint: nobody likes these bundled 3rd-party softwares.  However, there is nothing we (users) can do about it.

What you can do is to download the offline installers that are not bundled with any software:

These links are posted several dozen times here in the forum, so it's not exactly a secret.

P.S. similar offline installers exist for other free Adobe software, e.g. Adobe Reader: http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but still, that doesn't solve the real problem: Adobe shouldn't bundle their software by default without providing at least a box to uncheck it. It's not fair towards the user. In my case it wasn't Chrome, in my case it was McAfee and there wasn't a box to uncheck the bundled software at all. After all most people install their updates via the automatic updater and, thus, receive unwanted software. That's what Adobe doesn't seem to understand.

And thank you for deleting the troll posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there is a box to uncheck:

fp_dlp.png

I  usually download the offline installers manually, but this time most of our computers updated via the automatic background update to 13.0.0.206 - none installed any additional software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There wasn't one before. But I'll have another look when the next update arrives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is when you explicitly go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I don't know what happens when you click on an update request from the Flash Player updater (never used it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I click update, it takes me to the screenshot you posted.  Sometimes I remember the button and uncheck it and other times I simply forget it.  This last time, I caught it doing the update and saw the secondary install bar labled Chrome and cancelled then went back and redid it with the box unchecked.  It's just annoying when you forget that little box is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the box is there.  But it is small, at the top, and not even near the install button so that it goes unnoticed.  I have forgotten that it is there several times.  Sometimes it's McAfee and this time it was Chrome.  But everytime I forget, I then have to uninstall.  Just seems it would be better to either have the box by the install button so that it is not missed, or to have it for users to check, rather than uncheck.  Being that I use around $1,400 in Adobe software, even though this one is free, they should take their customers' wishes into consideration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I'm glad not everyone responds so rudely to questions asked.  I did a search for the issue and nothing came up.  That's why I posted.  And I was not aware that Adobe did not monitor these discussions.  But I will save those links for future use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines