Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inline MathMl

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using FM12, and I can create display equations using "Special->MathML equation" menu. How to generate inline MathML equations? ie., I want to have equation along with text, something like

some text goes here and having inline equation (x+y+z=10)

[Thread moved by moderator from FM General Discussions Forum]

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having used FM12, the historical way of doing equations with Frame's Equation Editor created an otherwise normal (if usually oversize)
Anchored Frame,
Position: Below Current Line
Alignment: Center.

You could re-size the frame borders and change the anchoring position to
At Insertion Point
to simulate in-line math. I have no idea if the brave new MathML tool behaves the same way.

With Unicode (FM8 and above), and simple equations (no vertical stacking), another alternative is to just enter the math as text, using Unicode math characters (assuming a font with a generous glyph population).

Or use an external tool that can generate MathML, and import the output from that, perhaps as PDF, EPS or SVG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Or use an external tool that can generate MathML, and import the output from that, perhaps as PDF, EPS or SVG.

Just looking at the promotional verbiage from the FM12 intro, it seems to imply that FM12 can import any externally-generated MathML (XML), not just whatever the time-bombed MathFlow add-on creates - possibly even hand-coded MathML. Can anyone confirm?

And how does it react to malformed XML imports generally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> [Thread moved by moderator from FM General Discussions Forum]

Why? Is MathML edit and/or import unavailable in unstructured mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines