Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Going back to initial state of the slide

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is probably a very simple question but I'm a beginner to Captivate and somehow cannot find the solution in the basic tutorials.

I want to create a few slides with buttons on them. The buttons will activate various pop-ups, show/hide images and apply some image effects.

I would also like to use my own navigation buttons so that the user can freely go to the next/previous slide (and maybe also to any slide from each of them).

What I would like to do is to "reset" each slide whenever the user decides to go back to it.

Now when I click a go back to previous slide button I get the "final" state of the slide, the way I left it and I need it to reset to its initial state - so all the above mentioned advanced actions (showing images and po-pups) can be triggered again with the buttons.

Does the navigation button has to execute advanced actions that will clear the slide again or should that be done in a simplier way? I would appreciate any help on that.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that you need to set up Advanced Actions in such a way that the slide is 'reset' when entered.

You can set up an advanced action executed by the slide's ON Enter event to show any images that get hidden but should start out as shown, and hide any images that get shown but start out as hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply. I was afraid that this might be the only solution. Seems like a hassle.

Hopefully shared actions might help - will have to look to that.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way that Shared Actions might help you is if you had a fair number of slides that were very similar in the objects that needed to be hidden or shown to reset the slides.  I would not think that is very likely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to disagree, Rod. Shared actions can save a lot of time, if you are grouping objects in a proper way. More info in two of my latest blog posts:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/dare-to-share-part-1

http://blog.lilybiri.com/dare-to-share-part-2

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  I know you like Shared Actions.  I haven't found compelling benefits for them in most of the courses I create.  But that might just be due to the type of content I tend to build. 

Either way, each to their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources