• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What to do? Captivate is on my computer, software I'm designing for is on client's computer

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Until now I've always been employed or contracted to the company I'm designing for, and so I have always used their Captivate Licence on their computers. I'm now starting to design in a freelance capacity and as such the Captivate Licence will be mine and it will be installed on my computer.

My question is - what do I do when the software that I'm designing for is on the client's computer, not mine? For various reasons it is not always possible to get the client's software installed on my computer. I would imagine this is a common issue, so what do other people do?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One way is to establish a Remote Desktop connection so you capture on your computer while "driving" the software from your computer via the remote connection. Note, however, that this will likely require additional work, as the software won't actually be running on your machine, so Captivate won't be able to detect dialogs and such. So you will need to add your own Text Captions and you may need to press the Print Screen key a bit more than normal to capture other screens.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great - thanks Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources