• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some questions about sharing resources, eg via dropbox...

Participant ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experts-

1. I see that one way to share all topics with another RH user is to open the Topics List pod, select all topics, then drag the lot to Resource Manager (eg, the Dropbox folder therein). Is there a way to add images and other non-topic files in a similar way, or do I need to dive into each directory in project files, then select-drag the files to Dropbox?
  2. Is there a way to configure RH such that all new files that are added to a project are automatically copied to Resource Manager so one doesn't have to remember to do this manually?
  3. Is there a way to share resources other than files in the Project Files folder, such as TOC definitions, Index defs, Glossary defs, and the single-source layouts? I see that I can't drag these items to the Dropbox folder. The idea is to be able to have other writers  recreate the project on there systems. (Perhaps I'm missing the purpose of Resource Manager. Perhaps duplication of entire projects is best performed using a CMS.)

Thanks!

-Kurt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing topics was not designed for sharing whole projects and that approach will not get the files into Dropbox in the same folders. See the Rh Tour on my site.

What I would do is put the whole project into Dropbox. It is then on your local drive and that of anyone else who is going to access it. This does not permit simultaneous access, you still need source control for that. Also you have to be wary of your Dropbox and that of others being synchronized.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Petar. That makes sense. I'll think about that whole-project-in-dropbox idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp