• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe issue while installing quickbooks

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install a student trial version of Quickbooks and it is giving me an error reguarding adobe.  It says "failed to install.For trouble shooting tips, please see http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166."  I tried this and still cannot get it to work.  I tried uninstalling the old version of adobe and putting the new one on and it still does not work.  Can you please help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agrant604 wrote:

I tried this and still cannot get it to work.

Tried what exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash, I checked to see if it was enabled in the browsers and it was.  The tree is changing in the box, so it seems to be working it is just that Quickbooks installation fails when it gets to the flash installation part and gives me the message I indicated in my first post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted QuickBooks support to see if they have a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have contacted Quickbooks and the only thing they did was exactly what I did, which was to uninstall and reinstall the adobe several times and look at a few settings (which took them over an hour) and then told me it was an issue with my adobe.  I was able to install it on a laptop without any issues, so I know it isn't a quickbooks disc problem.  I still need to get it on my desktop though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Flash Player Uninstaller

Also, download these:

Shockwave Player Uninstaller

Shockwave Player 12 FULL installer (ther browsers)

You'll need to install Shockwave with the FULL installer for IE too, but there isn't a direct download for it. You'll need to go to: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ using IE AFTER everything else is done.

Save all the files and close your browser.

Run the uninstallers first (both of them)

Go to: C/Windows/System32

Delete the Macromed folder.

Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64

Delete the Macromed folder.

Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key + R and type 'regedit' [minus the quotes] and click OK)

In the Registry Editor, go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE

Delete the Macromedia folder (Right click and choose "Delete").

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder there too.

Close the Registry Editor and empty your recycle bin.

Run the Flash Player installers, and then the Shockwave FULL installer you downloaded.

Lastly, open IE and go to: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ to download and install the Shockwave FULL installer for ActiveX (IE).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will give it a try and let you know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I figured out what the problem was.  First, when I was following your steps above I could not Find the Shockwave FULL installer for ActiveX with IE.  However; I ended up not needing it.  After follwing all the steps quickbooks was still not installing.  So, I thought maybe quickbooks is trying to install it, but if it is already on my computer it might be getting hung up on that.  So, I uninstalled the flash player again and then tried running the quickbooks installation, and IT WORKED!!!  Not sure why it wouldn't automatically skip that step if it was already on the computer, but at least it worked.  Thanks for your input on trying to help me.  I Still don't understand where the IE one is supposed to be though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi agrant604,

Can you tell me which version of Flash Player was installed with Quickbooks?  Based on your comments, it seems they are packaging an older version of Flash Player and when it tries to install, it fails because you have a newer version of Flash Player on your system.  If this is the case, then Quickbooks needs to fix their installation process.

Thank you in adance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you to visit this website for quickbooks guide, tips and video tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines