• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've updated Flash in all of my browsers but certain sites still ask me to update.

New Here ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is an HP-G71 running Windows 7. I've updated to the newest version of Flash in Firefox, Chrome and IE11 but sometimes I get a prompt to update it when I go to certain sites like Youtube or Facebook. Sometimes I can get to a site on one browser and not the other or I can get to the site on a particular browser seemingly at random. It seems to be affecting every computer on my wireless network as well. I have an HP-635 running Firefox and it has the same issue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem persists. I've ran virus scans as well and removed everything I've found.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Since there is no Flash Player for Kindle, I'm pretty sure your router has been hacked.

If you're seeing this:

fp-pro.jpg

SPECIFICALLY saying "Flash Player PRO".... Then you're compromised.

See: Hackers have hacked 300000+ wireless routers, Check yours NOW!  for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl, FlashPlayerApp.exe, and FlashPlayerInstaller.exe

I don't see any of those in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually had this problem a month or two ago and a clean install worked but it isn't helping this time. It'll get a little better for a while but eventually it will start prompting me to update flash again. It's even affecting my Kindle and my Playstation 3. I was thinking that it might be a problem with my router/modem or my ISP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there is no Flash Player for Kindle, I'm pretty sure your router has been hacked.

If you're seeing this:

fp-pro.jpg

SPECIFICALLY saying "Flash Player PRO".... Then you're compromised.

See: Hackers have hacked 300000+ wireless routers, Check yours NOW!  for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's what I get. I assume getting a new router and setting up a new network would solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greeny83 wrote:

Yep, that's what I get. I assume getting a new router and setting up a new network would solve the problem?

Unless, of course, your router can be "flashed" and reloaded with the firmware. Most can't, so it'll probably be a replacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines