• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Coldfusion 11 allow use of 32 bit MS Access datasources?

New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Coldfusion 11 allow use of 32 bit MS Access datasources?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Well, my first rhetorical question: It's 2014, why MS Access? MS SQL has free versions that are much faster and more stable than any MS Access version, I don't see any drawback migrating.

Now more to your question, 32 bit "should" not be a factor. 64 bit apps can talk to most 32 bit apps via an API without much difficulty. The only exception that I am aware of are 32 bit apps that rely exclusively on DLLs for their API -- I don't "think" MS Access has this limitation. It's probably been at least

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my first rhetorical question: It's 2014, why MS Access? MS SQL has free versions that are much faster and more stable than any MS Access version, I don't see any drawback migrating.

Now more to your question, 32 bit "should" not be a factor. 64 bit apps can talk to most 32 bit apps via an API without much difficulty. The only exception that I am aware of are 32 bit apps that rely exclusively on DLLs for their API -- I don't "think" MS Access has this limitation. It's probably been at least 15 years since I touched anything dealing with MS Access thus my hesitance to be more definitive in my answer. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.  There is certainly no good reason for the company I'm contracting for to be using these datasources.

It took quite a bit of troubleshooting to get CF 10 to work with these datasources so I imagine the same hurdles are likely to be in store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation