• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Administrator v.9 does not open in browser, gives error 500

New Here ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping someone can help me, I have been working on and off on this problem for over a year with no luck.

In February 2013 I patched ColdFusion 9 with the hotfix APSB13-03, both on my production and development servers.  Everything went perfect on the development server but production had some issues, I can't recall anymore exactly what happened but I was able to get it to the point that everything worked; meaning that all our cf webpages are served up correctly both inside and outside our organization.  The only standing problem is that the ColdFusion Administrator will not load.  Going to http://localhost/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm returns

According to my application.log here are a few sample error messages.  They are always the same except for the jrpp #.

"Error","jrpp-47","05/05/14","09:50:42","cfadmin","coldfusion.server.SecurityService.removeAuthenticated()V The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\index.cfm, line: 12 "

"Error","jrpp-156","05/05/14","18:33:39","cfadmin","coldfusion.server.SecurityService.removeAuthenticated()V The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\index.cfm, line: 12 "

"Error","jrpp-157","05/05/14","18:41:10","cfadmin","coldfusion.server.SecurityService.removeAuthenticated()V The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\index.cfm, line: 12 "

I have opened index.cfm in Dreamweaver and line 12 is:

_ $class$coldfusion$tagext$io$SilentTag  Ljava/lang/Class;  coldfusion.tagext.io.SilentTag c  forName %(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class; ef  java/lang/Class h

This is identical to that line in my development server, where the Administrator works just fine.

I have gone over so many files line by line and they are seemingly identical between servers.  I have checked IIS (v. 6) and both entries for CFIDE are identical.  I am fairly clueless when it comes to JRE stuff so maybe my problem is there but I don't know where to look.

A bonus complication on the production server is that it runs a very clunky, old, un-updated CMS for the non-ColdFusion sites.  We are trying to move away from this but are stuck with it for a while more.  I am not allowed to touch anything that could mess with the CMS.

I am very tired of trying to debug problems without the Administrator.  If anyone has any suggestions for me I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Christina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christina,

If you're getting 500 error which means the hotfix was not applied properly and you missed something. Only option which I think is to roll back the update and you can copy all the backup folders and the re-apply the hotfix. If you search forums you will lot of users had same issue and that is because they missed something while applying the hotfix.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyank,

I appreciate the quick response.  I'm not sure how to rollback an install that is over a year old.  I'm Googling now but if you have any tips please let me know.

Christina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Rolling back the changes means you took the backup of few files/folders when you applied the hotfix a year ago. Can you please let me know if you remember which Section in APSB13-03 have you followed in your server?

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation