Exit

Save and share WebHelp publish settings

Mentor ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using TCS 4.0, RH10.

I am creating the ISF file, master page, skin, etc. for my team's use. While publishing to WebHelp, we always perform the following tasks in the WebHelp settings window for every project:

1. In Content Categories > Content <default>, select Apply to all Topics and select the default master page (which is basically the only master page they have added).
  2. In Navigation, clear Search Input Field in Toolbar check box.
  3. In Search, select the Hide Rank Column in Search Results check box.

Is there a way I can configure these settings in some file and share it with the team (along with ISF files, etc.) so that they don't have to do it every time? I agree that selecting and deslecting few check boxes is not such a major time consuming task. However, I am curious if I can avoid manual intervention here.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

I have not tested but try copying the SSL file in the Project root folder from one machine to another.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tested but try copying the SSL file in the Project root folder from one machine to another.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply Peter. That worked.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter is right but I think you need to be careful about other files which refer to the SSL. For example projectname.pss and rhlayout.apj. However as long as everyone uses the same SSL names you will be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, everybody uses the same file.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp