• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty Chapter appears in Help tab

New Here ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After accessing my HTML Help files from an application, the text "Empty Chapter" appears in the Help tab. (See the attached screen shot.)

The Help is built by linking FrameMaker 11 files to RoboHelp 10.

"Empty Chapter" does not appear in the original FrameMaker files, nor in the RoboHelp files: I checked both the WISIWIG and HTML views. As well, the correct text appears in the <title> tag.

The app calls the Help content through context IDs.

Any ideas why "Empty Chapter" is appearing in the tabs?empty.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to use the camera icon to post screenshots – attachments are stripped off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Actually, I did use the camera icon. I'll try using it again to repost the screen shot.empty.jpg Do you see it now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, missed that – didn’t look like it had come through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clear something up first: does the EmptyChapter page show the correct

content? Or is the tab itself unneeded?

My guess is that you are seeing the title of your RoboHelp project. In

your SSL settings, do you have anything filled in as the project title?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Empty Chapter page shows the correct content. What should be happening is that the topic--which is connected to the UI via context IDs--should launch in a separate tab, with the tab title being "Design Groups" instead of "Empty Chapter."

I took some screen shots of my SSL settings and the HTML code. Nothing seems to have the "Empty Chapter" content.SSL1.jpgSSL2.jpgSSL3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Project Set-up pod and expand the Windows folder. What do you see there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is under the Windows folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I'd be asking the developer that is responsible for linking the application to the help. Perhaps they are defining a window with that title in it during the process?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The developer confirmed the windows are all defined the same way. The afore-mentioned window is the only one that shows "Empty Chapter."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just following up, since it's been a few days: Is this still the best forum for my question? Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the CSH tester tool in RH, does it behave in the way you’re describing? Can you share the project? If so, shoot me a PM & I’ll give you my e-mail address where you can send it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I got the file. Having a look at it, there’s a couple of places where “Empty Chapter” comes in – the first is in the MapIDs – for map#102, there's a topic called "Empty Chapter" that has a mapid of "Model_From_Vehicle_Spec_Header"; the other place that I saw “Empty Chapter” is in the Project Files > PartsPro_singlesource > Glossary folder. Since if In open up that Empty Chapter topic, I see a number of GlossTerm headings and GlossDefinition text – maybe these were supposed to end up in a .glo glossary file instead of as a topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp