• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Password not accepted on new CF 11 installation migration wizard (enter.cfm)

Explorer ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi having an issue on the initial migration wizard page (enter.cfm) - it won't take my administrator password (reinstalled CF 3 times) and double sure I am typing the correct password - anybody else have similar issues?

CF11 clean install

Windows 2008R2
IIS7.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

I have just installed CF11 on a windows 2008 server and had the same issue. I was able to resolve it by adding http://127.0.0.1 to my list of local intranet sites in the internet options of the browser. I guess I could have changed the URL to be localhost as oppose to 127.0.0.1, but this worked for me. Hope it helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try these steps, first try to reset the password using passwordreset.bat file which resides in C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\bin\ after the restart the ColdFusion Application server service.

reduce the security in your IE browser (Local Intranet), try with a different browser or try to access the Admin from another machine.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the above

Try to login from your machine rather than server itself with different browsers

Please share the request/response header (you can use free trail of Charles)

HTH

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you both, unfortunately none of the above work, any more ideas greatly appreciated...

I have tried multiple passwords (both simple and complex) but this does not seem to make a difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. I even tried reinstalling with another password, and its not working at all. What the heck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch passwordreset.bat (C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\bin) via command prompt (Run as Administrator)

Change the password to a simple password like  "your first name"

Then instead of the server itself, access the CF 11 administrator from your machine.

You will be able to login, once you are able to login then login to the server remotely and try from there.

You will be able to login within the server itself. Then you can change the password in "Administrator" under "security"

If the above did not work then please share the request/response header

HTH

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VJ,

Running passwordreset.bat as Administrator gave me this message "Your Admin and RDS password has been reset. Re-start the server to reflect the changes." Running it with out Administrator privileges doesn't give me this message.

But I still can't login via my computer remotely or within the server itself.

2014-06-23 11_57_53-ColdFusion Administrator Login.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same issue with clean install of cf 11. No matter if i change the PW with passwordreset.bat or reinstall CF, it always says "Invalid User name or Password. Please try again." I uninistalled and reinstalled CF 4 times.

CF11

WIndows 7 Enterprise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 18, 2014 Aug 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at everything that was mentioned in that blog, still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed CF11 on a windows 2008 server and had the same issue. I was able to resolve it by adding http://127.0.0.1 to my list of local intranet sites in the internet options of the browser. I guess I could have changed the URL to be localhost as oppose to 127.0.0.1, but this worked for me. Hope it helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Tried all suggestions above, tried reinstalling - no luck. Still getting Invalid Password. Please try again. everytime i try to configure server.

Found Solution

Go to your web.config file and comment out the following line

<!--<mimeMap fileExtension=".air" mimeType="application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package zip" /> -->

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cesko45,

This also worked for me.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks cesk045. Your solution worked for me too!  many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem was with IE Edge browser.  Switched to FireFox and was able to login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation