• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My video is buffering

New Here ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a BC site for 18 months in which I host video, files the stream through a flash player.  Starting a few days ago my videos will not completely download and stop showing buffering that never lets the video continue.  If I host the videos at another site they work fine, as I mentioned the videos have been working flawlessly on my BC site for the past 18 months. 

Thanks,

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

What is the available storage space on your BC site at the moment?

have you got a link to one of the pages with a video that is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam,

Disk Usage - 5667 MB/10000 MB (56.67%

Click on the following link click on 'Adobe' and the video will play.

http://ip4ap.businesscatalyst.com/adobe-1

Then try this link at a different host the same files there works and never seem to hang:

http://www.ip4ap.com/IP$AP_Flash/Pixinsight_3/PI-0_Introduction/PI-0_Introduction_player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I see on that BC site page is a link to the URL you put at the bottom of your post.

And if I view that link in chrome no video even loads.

So I think you got a few implementations there. I am not sure what without going deeper but its more then just not playing completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam,

Try this page:

PixInsight Part-3

PI-0 is hosted on the BC site

PI-1 is hosted at another site

Thanks,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam,

I came across this post which you had commented on:

Re: Can Business Catalyst host videos as well as photo galleries?

After after analyzing the connection it looks like we get a TCP disconnect.  So I hosted the MP4 on another host and that seems to resolve the problem.  A little disappointing since I was hoping to host all of my files in one place. I've hosted videos here for over a year and this just started happening.

Any thoughts?

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the BC site I just see no players for the videos, nothing. Just adding a MP4 file and having it play will not work on any site.

IF using HTML5 video you need a number of different file types per browser to run.

Sorry, even your last link does not work in my chrome or firefox and these are the latest versions.

I see this in the html:

<a href="/IP$AP_Flash/Pixinsight_3/PI-0_Introduction/PI-0_Introduction_player.html">PI-0 Introduction to PixInsight Part-3 Advanced topics and special features. 2:54min </a>

And I see a script error:

Timestamp: 7/05/2014 4:20:46 pm

Error: TypeError: document.getElementById(...) is null

Source File: chrome://web-developer/content/overlay/javascript/overlay.js

Line: 7333

But no video loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam,

That's puzzling as I have 500+ users worldwide and at anyone time dozens on the web site.  Let's try this one more time if you don't mind.

Instead of pasting links I'll spell it out here:

Goto ip4ap.businesscatalyst.com   then click on the Pixinsight on menu bar and you should get a drop down then click on Pixinsight Part-3

As I say the site has been up here for 18 months and with exception this weekend I have had few complaints.  I appreciate your help.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Pete, Different machine - nothing loads:

Dropbox - Screenshot 2014-05-07 21.33.42.png

There is no flash embed on that page, there is no html5 elements, there is no script running to run a javascript based plugin just I can see and it has a really old jQuery and menu scripts running and some links.

So it is not just not loading but I can see nothing on the page that would be a form of video.. Pretty confused as to what you say should be on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam,

I should have been clearer, you need to click on one of the links in the table to see the video.  PI-0 is hosted on BC  PI-1 is hosted on another location. I would be interested to see if any of these hang including the others in the series.

Sorry about the confusion.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liam,

Since I haven't gotten a response back I'll assume you have lost interest.  This appears to be a BC problem where unless the file is uploaded via 'Media Downloads' the MP4 will will occasionally disconnect during the download process, I've had this confirmed through some network analysis. It also appears to be somewhat ISP related as I've had clients testing it out side of my area.

I'm going to make the page secure content again but will leave this following page active with a link to the video file if you'd like to give it a go.

http://ip4ap.businesscatalyst.com/liam

Click on the link to view the video and see if you have the buffering issue it would be great to get your feedback.

Thanks! Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

No, just very busy.

There is no issue with BC in terms of upload, that will be a net connection thing. I successfully uploaded a video that was 120mb this week to a website.

Please note that BC has a maximum file limit of 250mb so if a video file or other data exceeds this it will get cut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laim,

I'm aware of the upload limitations these files are typically 40MB or less.  Did you try the video link I put up? 

Thanks,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that link just hangs on "Resolving Host" at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Liam,

That link works on my end? Thanks for your help anyway, as mentioned earlier the problem is with BC and I have a work around.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines