• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10: Trouble with Multi-Level Lists and Headings

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My customer has a requirement for my RoboHelp headings to mimic the numbering scheme in their Word document (which I'm converting to online help). Each main "chapter" of the document starts with a Heading 1, then Heading 2 for sections, and finally Heading 3 for subsections. In trying to get this to work in RH, I made a multi-level list style, with levels mapped to headings. I've got a Heading 1 at the top of the topic with 1. [chapter title], then 1.I. [section title], and 1.I.A., 1.I.B, etc. [sub-section title]. As I suspected, the next topic I created started over at 1 for Heading 1. Thinking I could highlight that number and set it to start at 2, the numbering just went away instead of changing. Is there a better way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. I was using Bullets and Numbering to attempt changing numbering, when I should have been using List Style. All is well now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted. Personally, I try everything I can to avoid using the "multi-level" styling. I know it sounds good on the surface, but it's really futzy to get things set up and look and behave as you want.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp