• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need some Guidance

New Here ,
May 24, 2007 May 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to add folders to my Robohelp HTML help database, and everytime i create a folder, give it a name and hit enter an error message appears that says:

Error Parsin Structure File

i am curious as to what this means and how i can go about fixing this problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Is your project on a network? If it is, move it to a local drive.

If it is local, create a new project and try adding some folders and topics to that. Any difference?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did work,

now i have another problem. i am looking at my file status veiw, and there are many files that have a status marked as: Removed from Version Control.

how do i get them back into version control?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a network under version control is a different thing to the project being worked on across a network. With version control, each topic you work on gets pulled back to your hard disk to work on, then checked back in. That is very different to working on it directly across a network.

I'm sorry but I cannot help you with version control matters but someone else will pick this up.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2007 May 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with version control.

It says that under my file status tab, that many files have been removed from version control.
Why is this, and what can i do to get my files back into version control?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2007 Jun 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a template to add to all of my topics. i follow the steps to create a template and then i add a header into my template. in the header is a company logo, why is it that when you are no longer editing the header the logo appears as a shadow and is not visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry about this too much - your output topics will display the graphic, even if it is shaded as you work with topics. If I had to guess why they do this, I can only think maybe its a way to reduce memory drain. But really, it's no biggie. If you are at all worried that a graphic won't appear, just use the Preview Topic button to check it out. The graphic will be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean, but the problem also occurs when u print it. it shows up on the printed copy as a grey shade. is that still okay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you printing the topic from within RoboHelp, or from the compiled / published project? I have a logo in my footer that prints with color when the print is initiated from the published WebHelp project - or even from the compiled chm file I used to produce from the same project. Try compiling the output and printing from there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am printing from within robohelp, im sure that is why it is not working!
thank you so much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem - I'm glad it was that simple. It's too pretty a day to think too hard!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
To add to Lmarden excellent advice you can use the View | Header menu item to toolbar icon to view the header. The WYSIWYG only "displays" one element at a time with the choose being the header, footer or body. The reason you are seeing the grey area when you print is that you haven't compiled. Although the topic has your template assigned, it is the compile process that brings all the various elements together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp