• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make pop-up appear as the topic only (i.e, w/o the screen layout)

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'd like to use pop-ups in my current project but I'd like for the pop-ups to appear as the topic only without the corresponding screen layout (side bar, contents, index, glossary, etc.).  I'm generating in Multiscreen_HTML5. When I preview my pages in a browser (CTRL+W) the pop-ups look just fine but when I Save/Generate, the screen layout is, as you would expect,  applied to the entire project (including the pop-ups). I am currently setting the pop-ups to auto size.

If there were some way to exclude a topic from the screen layout then I could create separate topics for the pop-ups.

thank you,

-d

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Figured it out.

I needed to deselect Convert auto-sizing and custom-sized popups to hyperlinks (Multiscreen_HTML5 Settings, Screen Profiles, Desktop, Optimization). Now the pop-ups appear as I had envisioned (auto sized without the screen layout).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I should add that I know that pop-ups generated via Webhelp behave in the fashion I describe and desire, but I need to use Multiscreen 5 for SharePoint integration and mobile access.

regards,

-d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out.

I needed to deselect Convert auto-sizing and custom-sized popups to hyperlinks (Multiscreen_HTML5 Settings, Screen Profiles, Desktop, Optimization). Now the pop-ups appear as I had envisioned (auto sized without the screen layout).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to add: there is no way to exclude a topic from the HTML5 skins.

The option you found is the best way to fix it, especially since mobile

devices don't do popups very well.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp