• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen locking stops production in Framemaker Framescript application

New Here ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have hundreds of XML files. Those files are handled by Framescripts in Framemaker to generate a Framemaker book with more than 1000 pages. As soon as the screen is locked by user or automatically Framescript stops immediately. Has anyone a solution? Any suggestions?

Windows 7, Framemaker 10.0.2.419, Framescript 5.2R1p251

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by the screen being "locked". Do you mean that a dialog box is popping up? If so, what dialog box is it. If you contact me offlist, I will be glad to have a web meeting with you so I can see what is happening. -Rick rick at frameexpert dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being locked means, that the screensavers comes up, or a user press the keys Win + L. There is no dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly seemingly unrelated question: why are you handling 100s of XML files using FrameMaker and FrameScript. Surely there must be an easier way to create the book you are looking for. I know this does not answer your question specifically, but there are always other methods to do what you want to do. If you are intereseted in using XSLT to process those XML files into a smaller number of files that can be handled by FM without any further scripting, send an e-mail to jang at jang dot nl.

Ciao

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The easiest solution is to turn off the screensaver and tell your users not to log off. The FrameMaker activity from the script should prevent the screensaver from coming on by itself. I am not sure that there is any other way around this. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines