• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have an OSX Mac (though a windows pc ought to also be feasible), on the same WiFi as my iPhone. I want to install a "network service" on my Mac that will host/convert Flash video content on behalf of my iPhone, then stream an iPhone-compatible format o

May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an OSX Mac (though a windows pc ought to also be feasible), on the same WiFi as my iPhone.  I want to install a "network service" on my Mac that will host/convert Flash video content on behalf of my iPhone, then stream an iPhone-compatible format onto my WiFi for viewing on the iPhone as DLNA or whatever an iPhone can view. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why????

Apple has "SkyFire" for  iPhones.Skyfire Web Browser - Your Path to Flash Video on iPhone on the App Store on iTunes

It's what Apple recommends if you absolutely must view Flash content on an iPhone. But they don't recommend you do so, because it kills batteries, though with SkyFire, it's not so bad, because the Flash content is rendered on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have said, the 3rd-party product (which isn't free) is server-based.

When I'm within my home WiFi (which is much of the time), I want my own PC/Mac to be "the server", to render the Flash video rather than have some distant server do it, "publicly".

I believe the best people to ask about Adobe Flash is Adobe staff & community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wundering wrote:

As you have said, the 3rd-party product (which isn't free) is server-based.

When I'm within my home WiFi (which is much of the time), I want my own PC/Mac to be "the server", to render the Flash video rather than have some distant server do it, "publicly".

I believe the best people to ask about Adobe Flash is Adobe staff & community.

You'd need to have OS X Server or Windows Server installed as your OS, or you can't do what you're looking to. There IS an app called "Back to my Mac" (I believe) that can do something like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines