• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM Window will refuses to display the correct Caption

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp 9 Help projects, that will only display the caption "HTML Help" regardless of what I enter in the Window configuration screen.

I have tried deleting all existing Wndows and then compiled the help without any window being defined. When opened, the chm displays in the top-right with a default caption of "HTML Help". I then created a new window, called it FRED, entered the string BILL in the Window Caption field (the caption display read correctly in the preview window). All other settings were left at the defaults. When I compile the help, still the default caption "HTML Help" displays.

I created a new, blank HTML project and gave it a custom Caption, again only the default caption will display.

If however, I amend the caption of an existing project, where the caption displayed is as defined in the Window Properties screen, the new chm displays the amended caption. I have compared all the settings in both Window configuration screens and they appear to be identical.

This problem has existed for some time, going back several versions of RoboHelp (to before I joined the company) but I didn't expect to see it in a new project created using RH9 HTML with all the latest updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try File > Project Settings.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2011 Aug 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter but I already checked that.

The Project Title is as per the Windows Properties > Caption. Amending the Title made no difference.

Changing the Primary Layout in the Project Settings made no difference. I have several SSL files I need to build from and they all react the same!

The Language is set for German.

I cannot see any other settings which would have an impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

I believe what you are seeing is normal behavior when a CHM has been created for one language and is presented on an operating system of a different language. If my suspicions are correct, you are using an English version of Windows, no?

So the following may correct things.

Open the location where your project files are using Windows Explorer. Fortunately RoboHelp 9 makes that a simple task for us. Just right-click somewhere in the Project Manager and choose Explore.

Locate the ProjectName.HHP file and open it using Windows Notepad. Inside the HHP file should be a section titled [OPTIONS]. Add a line in this section that reads:

Language=0x409 English (United States)

Close and save the HHP file, then recompile. See if this fixes it. If the CHM will be for a German audience, you may find that you need to change the value to represent German instead. But try this first.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Tried your suggestion thanks but it did not fix it.

I am using Windows 7 Professional (English)

The default language for the project is set to German (Germany)

The chm is for a German audience.

I inspected the HPP file of a different German project on my machine and with a few obvious exceptions, all of the settings are the same. This other project however, allows me to change the chm Caption and does not use the Language option.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting your system locale (under Control Panel, Region and Language, Administrative tab, Change system locale button) to match your target language in the RH project.

I ran into this issue today. I had a Chinese Simplified help system and the caption always said HTML Help, even though it was named completely different and had Chinese chars in it. I moved the chm onto a machine with the Chinese Simplified system locale and viola, it worked!

My guess is that it defaults to HTML HELP when the project language and system locale language don't match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jared, hopefully you realize the thread you replied to is three years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I certainly did.
But I was looking at 3 year old posts to try and find a solution so I figured I'd post my findings for the next person who came looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh okay.

Gotcha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp