Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Denied Access

Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely hope someone here can look at this as I am totally out o my depth.

I have a CMS application which has suddenly stopped uploading files. I receive the following error message

Security: The requested template has been denied access to C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp\neotmp60862.tmp.
The following is the internal exception message: access denied (java.io.FilePermission C:\CFusionMX7\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp\neotmp60862.tmp read)

It then goes on to say

ColdFusion cannot determine the line of the template that caused this error. This is often caused by an error in the exception handling subsystem.

Does anyone have any experience of this at all. I am utterly stumped.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the permissions on the web root for where the file is to be uploaded to. Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, check the permissions on the CF install directory, as I believe file uploads use the install directory temporally until the upload is complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only failing on the live production server and seems to work absolutely fine here. BUt Im not really sure I understand why that would happen suddenly. I ahve asked my host and am waiting for a response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not be your situation, but it might help others with similar problems...

We have had this happen before on our intranet. The problem was that the person who installed CF allowed the CF service to log in using HIS username and password. As a result, CF had access to everything the installer had access to.

Following good network security practices, the installers network password expires every 45 days or something like that. Note, however, that the permissions problems did NOT coincide with the expiration of the installers password, so people were stumped.

As it turned out, the login username and password are not validated until the NEXT TIME the CF service is stopped and started. Thus, the problem did not rear it's head until there was a need to restart the server. This happened to be about a month after the installers password actually expired.

As I said, this is not exactly the same as your problem, but it could be a username/password issue nonetheless, preventing the username and password combination of the CF service from 'seeing' the directory in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was that the person who installed CF allowed the CF service to log in using HIS username and password.

Sheesh...sounds like something I'd do. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2007 Jul 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your help.. IT was my host. They had for reasons best known to themselves restricted permissions tot eh destination folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation