Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter 8 keeps crashing Powerpoint

New Here ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using Adobe presenter 8 for over a year on my computer with Windows 7 and Office 2010. My powerpoint instantly crashes any time i click on any of the buttons on adobe presenter (audio edit, manage quiz, publish, slide manager, etc...). I've tried several fixes mentioned earlier (removing temporary files). Also, when I start a new powerpoint it keeps asking me to disable adobe presenter add-in.

Any solutions besides re-installing adobe presenter 8?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem starting on May 12, 2014 just like you. I spent the day uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem never went away, anytime I try any of the Presenter add-in features it would crash. At he end of the day, I tried it on another computer that has the add-in and the same thing happened. So I do not think it is just my computer. I wonder if there was a windows update that is causing the conflict. I am unable to restore my computer to a previous date to see if that helps or not, but if it is a Window issue, we surely are not the only ones having this problem.

I am running Office 2007 on Windows 2007 Professional and have Presenter 8.1 installed.

ADOBE PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in need of immediate assistance from Adobe, you should contact support at 800-945-9120. While some support staff does come here and help out, it is on their time, and not to be expected. This is a user community forum, so we can only help as much as being other users. If you do get a resolution, please share it here, so others may benefit from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma,

Thanks I will give them a call and report what I find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi THere,

Please try to plug out the LAN wire or disable the Wi- Fi and then try to access Adobe Presenter. It could be some network restrictions causing it to crash. Also you may try disabling antivirus and see if it helps.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Can you please try to launch PowerPoint in administrative mode by right click on it and select run as administrator and then try to use Presenter and check its performance.

Regards,
Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources