• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there support for the GraphicsFmt object in FrameMaker 11 ExtendScript?

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading the FDK documentation for FrameMaker 11 and I see that support has been added for Object formats using FO_GraphicsFmt.

Is there support for the GraphicsFmt object in FrameMaker 11 ExtendScript?

If not, when will it be added?

Another question: Will the ExtendScript documentation ever be improved?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuart,

I am pretty sure you can use the object from ExtendScript. With the FDK documentation you should be able to guess the property names in ExtendScript, but the easiest way is to use a small test document and write a small script to get at the GraphicsFmt object. Set a breakpoint and use the Data Browser and/or JavaScript Console to see how FM uses the object.

As for better ExtendScript documentation: I am working on a website (www.progframe.com) that will feature better documentation, combining the current docs with stuff picked up from the FDK reference and test scripts. It will also have tutorials for newbie scripters. If Adobe does not put an effort into the docs, I might as well do it and possibly pick up some scripting jobs that way. I am planning to launch the website early next year and keeping it up to date so that ExtendScript info is immediately available when a new FM version hits the market.

Kind regards

Jang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this:

#target framemaker

var doc = app.ActiveDoc;

var fmt = doc.GetNamedGraphicFmt("Test");

alert (fmt);

but it doesn't work. The omv.xml file for the Object Model Viewer is for FrameMaker 10. FrameScript supports the GraphicFmt object, but I don't think ExtendScript does.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We have fixed this issue in the latest Framemaker 12 update 12.0.2. You can find more details here:

Important FrameMaker update released « TechComm Central by Adobe

For a complete list of fixes done, pls refer to

FrameMaker Help | Adobe FrameMaker 12.0.2 ReadMe

Regards,

Anchal Arora,

Framemaker Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines