• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: Crash in progress.

New Here ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects error: Crash in progress. Last Logged message was: <5304> <GPU Manager> <2> Sniffer Result Code:3

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know a lot more if we're going to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after effects error:crash in progress.Last logged message was:<7120><GPUManager><2>Sniffer Result Code:3  what is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi S5923896,

Make sure Service Pack 1 is installed.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating my recently installed system to service pack 1 corrected the problem !

Thanks a lot for this answer ,

It did saved my life !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without proper technical info like system specs nobody can help you specifically. Most of the time this error simply mneans that you need to update your graphics driver.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system:

Processor  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• What exact version of After Effects? Include the minor version number---e.g., After Effects CC (12.2.1) or After Effects CS6 (11.0.4). Do not just say "After Effects with the latest updates" or "After Effects CC"; give the specific version number.

After Effects CC (12.2.1)

• Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

CC is updated (all apps)

• What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)     

• If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

Last log message was: <140735109694224> <DynamicLink> <5> /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2014/Adobe After Effects CC 2014.app/Contents/dynamiclinkmanager.app

• What were you doing when the problem occurred? What is the exact sequence of steps that you are taking?
    Open/click on the app (After Effects)
  • Has this ever worked before? If this worked before by doesn't work now, what has changed on your computer in the intervening time?

This is a new iMAC 8 I suppose thar never worked)

• Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU, number and sizes of connected monitors, number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected.

Processor  3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

No external drivers

• What versions of drivers for your graphics hardware do you have installed (including CUDA driver and driver for display adapter)?

Chipset Model:    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M

Type:    GPU

Bus:    PCIe

PCIe Lane Width:    x16

VRAM (Total):    4096 MB

Vendor:    NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID:    0x119e

Revision ID:    0x00a2

ROM Revision:    3755

Displays:

iMac:

Display Type:    LCD

Resolution:    2560 x 1440

Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display:    Yes

Mirror:    Off

Online:    Yes

Built-In:    Yes

• Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)?

No
  • Do you have QuickTime installed. (You should.) If so, what version? The answer should be specific, such as "QuickTime 7.6.2".

QuickTime Version 10.3 (727.4)

• What other software are you running?

Adobe premiere is working (all adobe cc products are working)

• Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having that following problem:

"last logged message was: <988> <prefetch> <5> RequestPrefetchedFrame frame not in async list"

After effects gaved me a chance to save the project and then closed.

I deleted cache, reinstalled the program, and made some other process, but the error apparently was soluted only when I changed the fps of my composition.

That's my case.

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines