Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Form with subforms - created in LiveCycle Designer

Level 1

Help!

I have a form with a subform included for each question.  I want users to click on a checkbox and the subform appears with the questions for users to complete.  My problem is when I test the form in preview and click on one checkbox it works.  But then when I close the form, got back in again, some of the checkboxes are not working.  What could be causing this issue?

11 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I assume the preview is in LiveCycle Designer. And when you close the form and re-open the form;

1. do you use acrobat pro or adobe reader?

2. Did you saved the form before opening it?

3. Did you enabled reader extension?

What steps do you follow exactly to encounter this issue?

Level 1

Yes, I preview in LiveCycle Designer by clicking backwards and forwards from the tabs.

1. I have both acrobat pro x and adobe reader

2. Yes, i save often

3. I don't usually add the 'enabled reader extension" until the testing is complete from within LiveCycle Designer.

For example, I save the form then click the preview tab to test it.  If everything is working as it should, I then open the form in adobe pro x to add the 'reader extension' so the the end users can utilize the form.

Level 10

Okay, but if you are previewing only in LiveCycle Designer and the re-open the form with.... The checkboxes are not working, did you re-open the form in livecycle, acrobat or reader?

Level 1

I just tested the form after I opening in Acrobat X Pro.... and some of the pages with the checkbox with connection to a subform is working... other pages are not. 

How can I post my form in questioned....

Thanks!

Level 10

If you have a Google account, use Google drive and send me the link.

DropBox is also an option

Or send me an e-mail if you don't have any cloud drives, send me a private message and I'll send you my e-mail.

Level 1

Here is the form in questioned....

Level 10

Please try again.. there is nothing

Level 10

All of your code in check boxes are in the click_event..

Change it to change_event and see if it fix the problem.

Level 1

It still gives me the same results.  When I open the form, and click on page 1 (checkbox), everything on that page works fine.  Then I click on on page 2 (checkbox) and further on, the checkbox(s) do not work. 

Or... if I close and open form again, and click on page 2 (checkbox), it works... then click on page 1 (checkbox), it does not work.

I'm so confused!