Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Dynamic PDF no longer renders in Adobe Reader 11.0.07

Level 7

We have a number of dynamic XFA (PDF) forms we have sent out to end users. Those end users are in the process of upgrading to Adobe Reader 11.0.07 (Windows, Released 5/13). However upon upgrading, the users when opening the form get a number of modal dialogs with a notice stating "Bad parameter." There can be many dialogs with this same error, one after another. When the errors cease, instead of the actual form being displayed, a boilerplate message notifying the user that they need to upgrade to Adobe Reader 8 appears (see below).

bad parameter.png

boilerplate.png

I've tried changing a number of form fields and parameters, but nothing seems to affect the outcome. Does anyone else have this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I believe I have found the culprit of the error, in the XML view:

<?originalXFAVersion http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-template/3.3/ DisplayDocTitle:1?>

I removed the DisplayDocTitle:1 part of the tag and the error went away. It would be nice if the Adobe errors actually told you which parameter was bad instead of having to investigate by trial and error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Try this out

Go to Edit> Preferences> Security and uncheck "Verify signatures when the document is opened"

got it from another discussion:Re: BAD PARAMETER Error when Deleting Pages in Acrobat

Level 7

I tried what you told me, but unfortunately, it did not change the behavior of the form. I also checked a machine with Adobe Acrobat Pro 11.0.07 and the issue occurs there also.

Correct answer by
Level 7

I believe I have found the culprit of the error, in the XML view:

<?originalXFAVersion http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-template/3.3/ DisplayDocTitle:1?>

I removed the DisplayDocTitle:1 part of the tag and the error went away. It would be nice if the Adobe errors actually told you which parameter was bad instead of having to investigate by trial and error.