Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 9 admin page reults in 404 after installation

Explorer ,
May 15, 2014 May 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am installing Cold Fusion 9 on a 32 Bit, Windows 2008 with IIS 7.

After the installation, when the Administrator page is to appear, receiving a 404 message.

I have added ISAPI Extensions and ISAPI Filters to the the IIS.

Also, have added cfm, cfc and cfml to the Handler Mapping for the website.

Per the research, the web.config file needs to include the cfm, cfc and cfml?

The web.config on the server wit the 404 error has no entry for the cfm, cfc and cfml.

I looked on the production server for the web.config file and the file contains the cfm, cfc and cfml.

Below is an example entry:

<add name="cfmHandler" path="*.cfm" verb='"*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="C:\JRun4\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll" resourceType="Either" responseBufferLimit="0" />

Also, i saw a mention that the 32 bit needs to be enabled for the DefaultAppPool advanced setting in IIS Manager.

I did not see an entry for 32 Bit.

If the above is added to the other web.config file, would the Administration page appear?

If the information needs to be in the web.config file, does the cold fusion service need to be stopped and started?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2014 May 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

You probably found a something like this already. just make sure you have all the IIS settings setup like the links below.. then check to make sure that isapi extensions are enabled in the handler mappings section of the main IIS server config, not just the website.

Codecurry: Installing ColdFusion on IIS 7 + Configure IIS for ColdFusion in Windows Vista and Window...

Diary of a Grunt (Jason Holden's Blog): Coldfusion 8 and 9 on Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, Vist...

then try running the web server configuration tool as administrator... right click the link in the programs menu and click run as administrator. remove any current mappings and re-do them. I've found that I had to do it for each IIS web site. I typically will add all my IIS web sites, then use the configurator to map each one individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

It seems like, that you configured the connector during installation. The CFIDE folder is now within your webroot. Can you check if the CF admin url says http://ip/CFIDE/Administratot/index.cfm (default port 80) or http://ip:8500/CFIDE/Administratot/index.cfm (internal port 8500).

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the isapi extensions enabled and the handler mappings section of the main IIS server config, not just the website.

The web.config file has the cfm and cfc in the file.

The Admin pages will not appear.receiving a 404 error.

Is there some other area to look at?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm, if the CF admin url says http://ip/CFIDE/Administratot/index.cfm (default port 80) or http://ip:8500/CFIDE/Administratot/index.cfm (internal port 8500).

Where is the CFIDE folder- Is it within the webroot or ColdFusion root?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL is http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

I am trying to match the install in the development server to look like the production server in order at some time to perform an upgrade to Cold Fusion 10.

The production environment had the admin page location on the D drive in a directory called CFADMIN.

Does the Admin page require to be under the inetpub on the C drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, can you make sure that your CFIDE folder is inside your webroot. Or if it is at a different location, (say D drive in your case), then there should be a virtual mapping created inside your webroot, pointing to your CFIDE folder location.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How is a virtual mapping created inside the webroot pointing to the CFIDE folder location?

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CFIDE virtual mapping gets added during the installation, if internal server was chosen during the installation. The virtual directory points to C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\CFIDE. Where as the CFIDE is placed within the webroot, if the internal server is selected during installation.

cfide.JPG

What is the scenario, in your case?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The solution was to install the Multiple server option and the administration page came up. The option Single Server option has issues

Thanks for everyone's help.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation