• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A fatal error has occurred and the application is being terminated. Adobe Captivate has tried to save all your work in the respective project folders as ".cpbackup" files. Please restart Adobe Captivate.

New Here ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to capture a simulation when a pop-up window came with this error:

"A fatal error has occurred and the application is being terminated. Adobe Captivate has tried to save all your work in the respective project folders as ".cpbackup" files.Please restart Adobe Captivate."

I tried every possible solution but i am getting the same error. Even now, i am not able to open a blank project. I cleared Preferences and Cache, Restarted the system, uninstalled and re-installed captivate but the error occurs.

Please help.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running CP as an administrator? Is Captivate installed on your system (not on a networked drive)? Same question for the Captivate Projects and the Cache: on your system, not on a networked drive (you can check paths in Preferences).

I would also once delete the Layouts copy folder in your profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all the files on local system and i have admin rights

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having admin rights is not the same as 'Run Captivate as administrator'. For the last, right-click on the start icon for Captivate and check 'Run as administrator'. Or click on Advanced, where you can check the option to always run as administrator.

Another possibility could be a corrupt font somewhere. I forgot to ask which version you are using (exact number).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version do you run? I know that some people also had problems with corrupt fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue.  My version is 6.0.1.240.  Also in the error that I get the word occurred is spelled occured.

11-13-2015 9-02-56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources