• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Getting Licence.E_LICENCE_SIGN_ERROR

New Here ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get this when trying to download book. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error (since yesterday) on openlibrary.org.  Downloading from Kobo or my library works fine, so it may be a site issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing the same problem since yesterday. Drives me crazy.

Did anybody get a Microsoft Windows update yesterday? I have other software that tends to stop working after a Windows update. Then I have to wait for Microsoft to fix their stuff and send another Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same problem also with openlibrary.org.  Also get same error when trying to return a book borrowed 4 days ago.  I tried restoring to before the latest MS updates and also tried de-authorizing and re-authorizing computer.  No improvement.

Was just on Chat: their reply as follows:

• Devnag: I have checked my resources and see that you will need to contact your eBook library in this regard.

So maybe it is openlibrary's problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry everyone is having so much trouble, but hearing it is a great relief.  I've been having problems with open library for several days and thought it was me.  Sounds like it may be on their end.  I did send them a note, but we'll see if I get a response.  Maybe if enough of us complain???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problems.  Been three days.  I called support yesterday, got some woman from India trying to tell me it is withing my account, but it is clearly a problem on their end.  Many people are having the same problems.  It happened with the update.  From the moment I updated the ADE to 3.0 I started getting the

Adobe Digital Editions E_Lic_License_Sign_Error message.  I had to give them my phone number and email address.  Have not heard anything from them at all.  The least they could do is tell its users there is a problem and they are working on a fix..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me and I'm only using 2.0.  (can't upgrade)  So it may be a myriad of things.  I just want them to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error (E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR) on openlibrary.org. 
I have tried on two computers, both Windows 7 and ADE v3.

Adobe, when are you going to put the answer in your forum, so we can apply it?

I am sick of reading about this error on forum and forum, and you haven't provided an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received this message from open library.  I wanted to pass it on to all of you who have had the same problem.  We'll see if it gets any better.  *sigh*  If it doesn't, I'll write again.  At least THEY answered.

Hi and thank you for contacting us,

Adobe had an unprecedented license server outage for most of the day on

May 15th (PDT). Many users experienced issues checking books out of our

lending library. We are still trying to resolve the issues resulting

from Adobe's server outage and hope to fix the problem as quickly as

possible.

Thanks for using openlibrary.org and archive.org

The Open Library Team/mk

openlibrary@archive.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any better today?  Mine is coming up with a new error message...

Error getting license

Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_IO

Any ideas about that message????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is still doing the same as it was.  They sent me the same message as they did you yesterday.  Sucks.  I have been on the waiting lisht for weeks for three books and they are finally available, and I can't get to them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.  I've lost four books so far.  *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 9pm on May 17th it is working again.  Not sure what happened.  But now it seems to be downloading fine.  I got back two of the books, but am again on the waiting list for the other two.  I guess 50% isn't too bad.  Hope everyone else has theirs working too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is working again too! Good news! Good reading to everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download my book today.  Hooray!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did u managed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could help, but for me the problem was on their end and they fixed it.  I haven't downloaded any books lately, so I don't know if there is another glitch in the system.  I do know when I have had problems, sometimes if I go and download a book from their free library and then try the book I really wanted, it kicks it into working.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is still there. I get the error message and got through their process to remove it with no result. I have the added problem that my ADE help page is unstable. One would think it is a problem on my computer but i have confirmed that my computer is working fine and is not infected or obstructed. I live in a very remote area of Australia and have become dependent on my ereader and ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem fixed from it self...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME PROBLEM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was fixed in a couple of days by openlibrary.org and has not been a problem since.  Pee, what version of ADE are you using? I am still on 1.72 which seems to work fine and gets fewer complaints than 2.0 or 3.  Maybe you should try de-authorising and re-authorising your computer.  This has often been a cure reported on these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how do I de-authorise my computer? It does not give you this in the help tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines