• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am getting an exclamation mark when I am selecting my color

New Here ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to select my background or font color I keep getting an exclamation mark.  Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:

Adobe product and version number

Operating system and version number

The full text of any error message(s)

What you were doing when the problem occurred

Screenshots of the problem

Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.2.1 (14.2.1 20140207.r.570 2014/02/07:23:00:00) x32
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit
Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:5, Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading

Sorry can't screenshot - in the color picker a black triangle with an exclamation mark appears when I try to select the color that I am trying to use and it doesn't allow me to actually select the color I need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting this, you might check the color mode to see if your document is RGB/8 or that the layer or mask you select supports color.

If you are in RGB color, click the box below the exclamation point to correct the color.

Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 6.08.25 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also if you select a font color while using the Type Tool, you must click the color swatch in the Type Tool options bar, not the the ones at the bottom of the Toolbox.

I should also mention the black triangle in the color picker means it is not a printable (CMYK offset press) color. If you are displaying your work on screen you can click OK to accept the color you want.

Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 6.20.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines