• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest debugger version is not correct latest version?

New Here ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the latest debugger version from Adobe Flash Player - Downloads

It's the following two files:

Download the Windows Flash Player 13 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE)

Download the Windows Flash Player 13 Plugin content debugger (for Netscape-compatible browsers)

On the page it states that the latest version is 13.0.0.214 but after I install i still have 13.0.0.206 when I check version on Flash Player Help | Flash Player Help and I get a warning that I should update my player.

I have done these updates many times over the years and never experienced this problem before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you check the Properties of these two installers, what version does it say they are, and what's the Digital Signature date?  (It should be 13.0.0.214 and April 25.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signature date of the installers are April 19 and version is 13.0.0.206.

So the files are wrong on the download page then?

Direct links to the downloads so that you can verify

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/13/flashplayer_13_ax_debug.exe

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/13/flashplayer_13_plugin_debug.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the 13.0.0.214 installers from these links yesterday.  If you get older versions, this means they are cached somewhere in your environment, e.g. a corporate proxy or download server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is strange cause I've tried to download the files both at work and at home with the same result.

I use a different computer and different internet provider at home. My home computer is not connected to work in any way and I don't normally use the debbuger at home. I only downloaded the file at home to check the signature and it is still the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very strange, indeed.  I downloaded them again, just to be sure: they are still both 13.0.0.214.

Can you try clearing the browser cache, then download again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared the cache and still the same result. I have also tried using other browsers that I do not normally use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot understand this; where do these old versions come from...?

Anyway, I have zipped up these two debug installers and uploaded them to Acrobat.com

Download link: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/6a44a1f5-e1b6-4ec5-a5ae-67d94c40f5b8

Let me know when you have gotten them, and I will remove them from Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the zip, now I have the latest version.

Thank you for all your help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines