Exit

Test Fails for Newly Installed Flash 13.0.0.214

Explorer ,
May 15, 2014 May 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 (x64)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.26

I downloaded file install_flash_player_13_plugin.exe from Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe and executed the file to install Flash 13.0.0.214.  SeaMonkey recognized it as being installed.  When I went to Adobe - Flash Player, however, the test failed to work.  Web pages that use Flash also did not work. 

I tried uninstalling Flash, rebooting, and then installing 13.0.0.214.  That did not help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What means "failed to work" or "did not work"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Adobe - Flash Player with a

successful installation of Flash, the Web page has three Flash instances.

1. Near the top of the page, a red cube with a white f bounces into

view. This is then replaced with an advertisement.

2. At the far left and just below the first one, I do not see any real

presentation by the Flash.

3. Further down and on the right, the Flash presents a box showing what

version I currently have installed.

None of those instances produced any presentation.

Flash does not work on any other Web page that I tried.

NOTE:  When I used the stub installer, the result successfully passed the test at Adobe - Flash Player.  However, I much prefer using a full installer.  I download it and then disable my Internet connection.  Later, I archive the installer file.  This cannot be done with a stub installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see instead of the expected Flash content?

Maybe your graphics driver needs updating: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the NOTE at the end of my immediately prior reply.  If the Flash test Web page works when Flash is installed via the stub installer but fails when Flash is installed via the full installer, I conclude (1) my graphic driver is okay and (2) something is wrong with the full installer.

Nevertheless, I updated the driver for my Intel HD Graphics display adapter to version 10.18.10.3412 dated 22 January 2014 within the past hour.  I again downloaded full installer file install_flash_player_13_plugin.exe version 13.0.0.214 from Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe, deleted the existing installed Flash, rebooted, and executed the full installer file.  The Flash Installation Test page at Adobe - Flash Player failed to show the current version number of the installed Flash.  Other Web pages that use Flash (e.g., the Planarity game) also fail to display any Flash instances. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Planarity game is at Planarity.net.  I would have put the link in my immediately prior reply, but that would mean I exceeded your two links per message limit.

Note that I printed the failed Flash Installation Test page to a PDF file, which I can send via E-mail.  I do not see a way to attach it to a forum message, and it is too large to insert as an image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I again downloaded the stub installer file install_flashplayer13x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe (which has the version number 3.3.9.0) from Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player and executed it to install Flash 13.0.0.214.  This time (as previously with stub installations), the Flash Installation Test page worked okay.  I printed the Flash Installation Test page to a PDF file. Also the Planarity game Web  page was fully functional.

All this seems to prove that the stub installer is okay and the full installer is broken. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very strange; I have personally never used the AIH stub installer.  I don't think they install something different.

If you are not tired from uninstalling / reinstalling, can you check the contents of

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

and see if there is any difference when using one or the other installer?

Also, the contents of the FlashInstall.log files would be interesting to see.

Yes, this forum does not allow attachments.  You can use this method to share files with the forum: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1408375

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2014 May 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 16 files to address your request.  It was much more simple to upload them to my Web server where you can access or download them.  They are in two subfolders under Index of /test/Flash_problem.  At that link, you will also see a readme.txt file that explains the other files.

I have discovered another detail about the problem.  If I execute the full installer file install_flash_player_13_plugin.exe twice without removing Flash between the two executions, I then get a good installation.  I did not have time today to create the requested files for that double installation.  Let me know if you need them.

Requiring that Flash be installed twice is NOT a solution to this problem.  Installing once should be sufficient.  There is a bug in the full installer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is anyone interested in the files that I uploaded to my Web server a week ago?  If I get no response by 31 May, I will remove them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines