Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Coldfusion 10?

New Here ,
May 19, 2014 May 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a CF10 download link? I used to be able to download older versions here:

Adobe - ColdFusion Support Center : More Downloads

However since the release of CF11 I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the Adobe.com

Cheers,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe announced that with the release of CF11, the CF10 installers were being removed from the main Adobe site as of May 14, 2014.  You can still get them through the licensing site.  Contact cf.install@adobe.com to get them.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris & Carl,

Adobe will not be providing installers for ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10. The downloads are removed and can't be accessed any more.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

That directly contradicts what Rakshith stated in a comment on the ColdFusion Blog: Announcing the launch of ColdFusion 11 and ColdFusion Builder 3 — Adobe ColdFusion Blog.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

As per Rakshith's statement, "the installers will continue to be available on the Adobe licensing website". Which means, that the installer will be available at Adobe Volume Licensing website, provided you own them within your account. They wouldn't be available at Adobe website or cfinstal mailbox.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

First of all, Rakshith's mention of the "Adobe licensing website" had no hyperlink, so I think many people (including myself) were not sure what website he was referring to.  In my case, I don't have access to that website because licensing is apparently handled by my IT department.  That may be true for many others as well.

Secondly, I clearly said that the installers were no longer available from the main Adobe site.

Thirdly, I didn't suggest that the download would be available from the mailbox - that would be absurd.  I said to "Contact cf.install@adobe.com to get them."  That's the only email address I know of for all things ColdFusion installation related (and wouldn't trying to acquire installers fall into that category?).  Furthermore, you have instructed people to use this email address to get the installers for older versions of ColdFusion (eg: ColdFusion 7/8/9).  So it seems logical to suggest that as a method of receiving assistance in acquiring the ColdFusion 10 installers.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

I agree with your points. We assumed that Adobe Licensing Website would be known to all. We apologize for, not providing a link with the site there. The installers for CF7 and CF8 (not all) indeed can be provided through cf.install@adobe.com. But, ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10 downloads are available, neither through Adobe's site nor through cf.install@adobe.com, but only through Adobe Licensing Website. However, you can still contact cf.install@adobe.com for any install related issues for supported version .

Apologies for any sort of miscommunication.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

Thank you for clarifying this stuff.

To date, I have not seen an explanation for why the CF9/10 installers were removed and are unavailable (except, as you indicated, through the Volume Licensing Website).  Can someone on the ColdFusion team put a brief blog post up to explain this, to eliminate any FUD that might be circulating?  I'm going to ask @ColdFusion for this on Twitter as well.

Thank you,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spoke with someone from Volume Licensing support, and my understanding is that they can't make CF 10 available for download on through the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@glmohler,

I'm not sure what you mean by "they can't make CF 10 available for download".  If you have a valid license, they should be able to provide you the installer.  However, if you are looking to download the developer edition and don't have a production license, then they probably won't be able to help.

In that case, there is a community effort by Gavin Pickin to provide a library of past installers, including CF10: http://tinyurl.com/cfdownloads.  See the blog post explaining it here: http://www.gpickin.com/index.cfm/blog/cfml-server-a-different-type-of-coldfusion-repo-cold fusion-in....

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation