• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing HHP file after project rename

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2007 Jun 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the authors here has hit a problem with a project after he has renamed it - within RH. The project refuses to open completely and RH hangs. On investigation it appears that the project's .HHP file is missing. All the other project files are present with the new project name.

We've managed to get around this as he has a backup of the original project and can import the amended topics into the backup and do a hack of the .HHC and .HHK files in order to move forward. Just wondering if this is something others have experienced.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which RH version colum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I should have said. RHX5. I know there have been some issues with X6 but i didn't think they existed in X5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the .HHP file gets trashed but is present in the original project?

If so, all I can suggest is removing the CPD file and regenerating the project before renaming - but my guess is you may have tried that.

Hopefully Peter may have some suggestions
Cheers
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the help but yes we have tried this approach. Interestingly, one change that was made from the original project was a new template file. This shows up in the topics and even in the topic properties but not in the Project's templates folder. Everything appears OK, even the truecode references the template. The problem is that we have no way of knowing if this was the same before the rename as well as after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp